Thursday, February 5, 2009

Margaret's First Outings

Margaret is not quite sure
about leaving the house so soon!

Margaret meets her pediatrician, a new Dr. B.

Margaret's favorite spot in the house!

She found her thumb!
Unfortunately, I look like a duck!

Margaret meets Dr. B.!!!
We love Dr. B. ---thank you for helping us get Margaret here safely!!!

Wade, Margaret, and I enjoyed two different outings today. The first one was a visit to Margaret's pediatrician, Dr. B. She thinks Margaret looks great and would like to see her weekly for the next few weeks just to make sure she is gaining weight and staying healthy. Margaret now weighs 4lbs. 13 oz.--what a big girl!!! (Or at least we think so--when you are around premie babies all day in the NICU, 4 lbs. seems huge!)
After a little break at home, we traveled downtown for Mommy's appointment with the original Dr. B. just to check my blood pressure. Dr. B. was just glowing when he bounded into the room. He had no idea Margaret was even out of the NICU yet. He said he was planning on seeing her tomorrow in the NICU during his weekly Margaret visit (how precious!). So we spent most of the visit talking about Maggie Moo (Wade's new nickname for her), and Dr. B. held her the whole time. He has been with us through so many highs and lows---witnessing the worst and best days of our lives. There are not enough words to express how much we appreciate his devotion to our family. He always said that his ultimate goal was to help us have a child and now we do! I am so glad that he was there to deliver Margaret and complete my surgery---again, I count my blessings!
So it was a great day! I think Margaret is exhausted because she did not want to take her afternoon bottle. Maybe she will actually sleep tonight!

3 comments:

Wesleyan SID said...

I love the new pictures...I look every day to see the latest and greatest! I'm so happy for you guys and hope that we get to meet her soon when we visit Nashville. Hope you are getting at least a little bit of sleep!!

Unknown said...

Yes, I must admit too that I check everyday to see new pictures and postings! She really is an angel. Love you guys.

*marie

Anonymous said...

Such cute pics!! Sounds like two fun outings. How cute is Dr B!!! God really has used him in BIG ways! Glad little margaret is growing and looking even more beautiful!
love,
tricia