Tuesday, October 13, 2009

9 Months Old

Our little punkin pie turned 9 Months Old last Friday morning! I can't believe we actually have a 9 month old ---crazy!!! Sometimes I stop and think about it and tears start streaming down my cheeks. We are so blessed to have this little miracle here; she has stolen our hearts with her love and precious personality. I just wish I could slow things down; it's going too fast!
As a 9 month old, Miss Moo is full of wonder and curiosity. She really studies people and their faces. You know you have passed in Miss Moo's book, when minutes later she rewards you with her beaming smile and bright eyes. Sometimes you even get a raise of the eyebrows, and that's when you know you are really special.
These last two weeks have been filled with many challenges and changes. Margaret turned into a different animal, always irritable and clingy. She would not let me put her down, and she wouldn't sleep in her crib for more than 20 minutes. So she slept the last week in a half right in between mommy and daddy---not ideal and not a habit we want to start. Don't get me wrong. I love cuddling with her and waking up right next to my baby, but I do need some time alone every once in a while. Plus, I think we all sleep better when she is in her own bed.
She either had a little cold plus teething or growth spurt. I really don't know, but (knock on wood) I think this little phase is starting to pass. (She took a wonderful afternoon nap today (2 1/2 hours). Plus, she went down for the night in her own bed, and she's still there!)
Margaret went for her 9 Month Check-Up today, and she received a great report. She weighs 15 lbs. 11 oz. (8th percentile--up from 5th) and is 26 inches long (also 8th percentile--finally on the charts in this measurement). Her head continues to thrive with a circumference of 45 cm (75th percentile--up from 55th). She is pushing up (see above), sitting independently, reaching for objects, rolling with a purpose, picking up tiny objects, smiling, laughing, playing, and eating solids. She falls developmentally somewhere between 7 and 9 months--right where she should be, so we are very proud of her!!! Hopefully, we will master crawling or scooting soon.
Waiting for dinner

My family came over last week to celebrate Mama Susie's birthday. Here is a great shot of Miss Moo with Daddaddy and Uncle Josh (that's what the nephews call him, even though his name is Jonathan).
You can't tell, but they all have beautiful blue eyes!
Happy Birthday, Mama Susie!!
Miss Curious in action!
Wade celebrated his 15 year reunion last weekend at Ensworth. Here is a sweet shot of cousin Mac holding Margaret. Mac was celebrating his 10 year.

Later that evening some of Wade's classmates gathered for a fiesta, and cousin Sinclair was there. Margaret gave her a little lovin'!
Daddy reading to Miss Moo---precious!

Trying out her new fleece--should we go with the hot pink? or pale pink?

4 comments:

Danielle said...

The hot pink is pretty darn cute!!! I say pastel smashtel on this one!! :) Unless you WANT the pale pink. She would look adorable reagardless! Way to grow MB!!!

Linsay said...

LOVE the pumpkin pie tshirt. And did you notice you referred to her as "animal"?!?! love it...

Anonymous said...

I love seeing Miss Margaret even when I am out of town! Melissa and Wade, she is adorable and I love the hot pink! So glad she is sleeping a little better. Love, Mom

Unknown said...

oh those blue eyes are killer!! it's so fun to watch her grow, i can't wait to hang out with her when i'm home for christmas!