Monday, October 13, 2008

We're Pregnant!!!

Wade and I were thrilled to learn last autumn almost a year ago that we were pregnant with our first child. Personally, this news gave me extreme satisfaction considering that I have always known my purpose in life is to be a mother. I've wanted to be one ever since I was a little girl. I've been surrounded by children my whole life, through babysitting my dear neighbors, participating in summer camps, and teaching third and fourth grades at OHS. Although these opportunities blessed me in ways I could not even imagine, they did not fulfill my desire to have my own children.

Wade and I knew that we wanted to enjoy our marriage with just the two of us (and our sweet dog, Mabel) for the first few years. We wanted to experience life together and enjoy those years as a family of two. Everyone always told us that life would never be the same once you have kids, and you will never get those years back. However, ever since my precious nephews entered the world, my desire to have children has deepened. I love the way my sister has grown into a wonderful mother, and I want that too. I want adorable little ones calling me mommy. More than that I want to see Wade as a father, because I know he will be a perfect dad.

Back to my original point, we were very excited that October morning, and we knew that our lives from that day on would never be the same. That didn't bother us at all, because we were ready. We just had no idea at that point what the outcome would be--only positive thoughts.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I don't believe it was a coincidence that we met a few short weeks ago. Our stories bond us in a way no one can ever explain. I already love you dearly and am praying for you and this baby. Please know that I am here for you as we walk this journey of life!