Friday, January 2, 2009

Baptist Round 2, Day 2

Dr. B. and Dr. C. have decided to keep me in the hospital throughout the weekend, and then we will reevaluate on Monday, after another 24 hour urine test and ultrasound. My blood pressure looks pretty stable for now, and I had about the same amount of protein in my urine test. However, both doctors feel that I might be in the early stages of preeclampsia, since both the bp and protein levels are inching up a little bit. Plus, I am experiencing some swelling in my hands and legs. The docs would love for me to get to 32 weeks or even further along, but they both agree that we don't want to get too greedy and allow severe preeclampsia to attack.

So we will just take it easy this weekend and see what next week brings. I feel very comfortable here, and Wade and I both know that our little girl is being closely monitored (which makes us feel very safe and secure).

Have a good weekend!!! By the way, we made it to 31 weeks!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

It was so good to seeu you today. I am glad they are keeping you. Those doctors want this little girl as much as you do...well almost as much!!! :)
I meant to tell you, Blake was walking by the nurses station right around the time you were coming into the hospital. He heard one of the nursing saying, "Dr. B is admitting a patient..." After we read the post last night, he put the times together and realized the patient he was admitting was you! It is just to amazing how our paths cross all the time. Let's be sure we keep that up!!!
Rest my friend!

Anonymous said...

Just got caught up with the blog...this is truly special. I pray that you and Wade (and babes) are able to relax a little in the hospital for the rest of the weekend...maybe go rent a few movies so you don't have to watch Rocky for the third time:)
Love you...we're singin...He's got the whole world in His Hands...:)
Laura

Anonymous said...

Still thinking about you! I will check for an update tomorrow. If you are still stuck watching Rocky or some crazy marathon, I will bring you some of our movies from school... maybe the Goofy movie, remember? Maybe the digestive system or Little House Christmas would be better? Love and prayers... and get as much rest as you can... you will need it when sweetie-pie arrives :)
Lynn

Linsay said...

John said he just talked to Wade and that you all were in the hospital for the duration, so I just checked your blog (while I was supposed to be teaching, oh well). I hate that I've been so out of touch I didn't even realize you'd been back at the hospital...for a week. It sounds like the Blessingway was wonderful-I hated to miss it, but we were still in Glasgow. Sounds like you're holding up well and the hospital is the place to be. Have you started the books? So good! Well, I'm treating this like an email, so I'll stop "commenting." Take care--we'll come visit soon. Please let us know if we can do anything to help...miss mabes, etc.
Much love!
Lins