Friday, January 16, 2009

Holding Margaret Belle

































My husband is in love with another woman!!!

There are no words to truly express how amazing last night was. When we arrived, the night nurse explained to us that tonight was going to be a BIG night. The nurse was going to give Margaret Belle a bath and weigh her. Then she was going to let us hold our precious baby, rock her, and feed her my milk through her tube--a dream come true!!!

The nurse said that every three nights now Margaret will receive a soapy bath, and the nurses might even let us give the bath next time. So we taped the procedure and listened to every instruction. Of course, Margaret decided to pee-pee right after the nurse was finished--very cute and what do you expect? It was cold!!! Then she weighed our sweet angel. She weighs 3 lbs. 11oz. right now, which is good. Hopefully, she will continue to gain weight with all of these feedings.

Finally, she wrapped up Miss Margaret and placed her in my arms. It was one of the best moments of my life. Wade and I have been waiting so long to have a baby and actually hold her. I thought I would be crying uncontrollably. However, I was just so happy and relieved to see her breathing on her own and so peaceful. Wade then fed Margaret by holding her syringe of my milk and letting it slowly drop into the tube. As I was singing her a few of our favorite songs, she fell asleep. God is good! I quickly switched places with Wade. I didn't know that I could fall in love with him all over again, but I did. It was beautiful! Watching Wade stare at her with his serious face, I knew that he was going to be the best father and that he had fallen in love too. What a blessing!

12 comments:

maximumwoltage said...

Wade and Melissa! She is so beautiful! That must have been some moment when you all got to hold your precious baby! Have you decided what to call her yet?

Heidi

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures of her little eyes wide open! Beautiful! Hudson wanted you to know he thinks he would be good at holding a baby too...just in case you need help down the road:) Love you all,
Laura

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful entry! I am celebrating with you! I may have to get my own ice cream with sprinkles!! She is beautiful... and you and Wade both glow!! I am glad the weekend is here and Wade can be with you. Rest when you can, and love on Margaret the rest of the time!!!
Love you,
Lynn

Stevie said...

She is just beautiful! I am so excited for you. I know Margaret will be well taken care of so you take care of yourself a little. You'll need all your strength when she comes home.
Walk up the steps backwards. It is easier with a c-sec.

Stevie
OHS Clinicmom
Margaret's future nurse

Anonymous said...

Happy one week birthday, margaret!!! Wow, what a week it's been, I'm sure! melissa you look so happy and she really is the cutest thing ever!!! You and wade look like naturals! So glad to talk this morning. Hope today went well and that she is getting stronger by the minute. lots of love,
tricia

Maggie Huggins said...

Wade and Melissa,
I learned about your blog last night and read the whole thing this morning! Your Margaret Belle is so gorgeous and precious! Allen and I are thinking of y'all and can't wait to meet your little gift! Please let us know if you need anything! We love y'all!
Maggie

Anonymous said...

Melissa and Wade, Sorry I haven't posted any comments, but I've been tracking your blog regarding Ms. Margaret. She is beautiful. Sorry Wade, but she looks like a Rawlings. LOL. Our family has been praying every day, you both are truly blessed and so is Margaret. Melissa you look great and I'm sure feeling better now too. Stay strong you little one needs it. She is going to be just fine. I just know it. Daddy Bob has kept me in formed some too. He worries about you both and your Mom too. Know that we are here for you guys and love you very much. If there is anything we can let us know. Let me know what I can send you guys when you get home. Love ya tons. Angie (your cousin in Oklahoma).

Brandie said...

What an amazing moment that must've been. May God continue to watch over Margaret and her mom and dad. God Bless!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Miss M.B. is absolutely stunning! And the looks on mom and dad's faces are so precious and priceless. All the angels in heaven surely are smiling and rejoicing at your blessing. I can't wait to see more pictures and I feel certain there will be a few more taken!
You are continually in our prayers,
Ellen

Danielle said...

I am loving the new pictures. So happy to hear she is already off the vent. It is amazing how a little intervention can help them so quickly. She is absoluetly beautiful. Of course, pictures make her look so much bigger than she really is! I am just so excited to see her in your arms. Finally...what a precious moment!
Much love-
Danielle

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! Words cannot express how happy we we are for you. We look forward to seeing you all. God Bless-

Anonymous said...

Melissa And Wade,
What a beautiful little girl you have. I was thrilled to see your mom today at the PR. I did not know that Margaret came early but am releaved that she is finally home where she belongs. I will keep you all in my prayers. Hope to see you all when the weather gets warm. Take good care of your family.
Love, Mary Ann