Friday, January 9, 2009

Margaret Belle


Margaret Belle Rick

January 9, 2009


11:43 a.m.


3 lbs. 15.25 oz. 15 inches


Our precious angel has arrived! This morning after evaluating my blood work and urinalysis the doctors decided today was the day. The cesarean section went smoothly with Dr. B. and all of his assistants taking the best care of me and the baby. Margaret Belle looks great. She is in the NICU with constant 24 hour care. She is basically breathing on her own with a little supplemental oxygen and vapotherm. Her color is great, and her temperature is stable. She has lots of hair on her head, long legs and fingers like her daddy, and a round face like her mommy!

I will have magnesium administered in my IV for the next 24 hours to ward off any risk of developing severe preeclampsia, and then I should return to my old room for a few days. Margaret Belle will probably have to stay in the NICU for a couple of weeks, but the doctors and nurses really cannot predict how quickly she will gain weight and regulate her breathing. So we will take it one day at a time. All we know is that we are truly blessed, and both Wade and I have received the best gift in the world, the opportunity to love this beautiful little girl!

14 comments:

Linsay said...

She's tiny! I love her! Congratulations!!!

Linsay said...

And her name is precious!

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to see her! Get some rest while you can!!!

Love you both-

Danielle said...

My heart is overflowing with joy right now!!!! Praise the Lord for that precious baby. I am so happy for you and Wade. Her name is adorable and I cannot wait to see her. I wish I still had NICU rights. Well, not really but you know what I mean. :) I hope you are feeling well. Maybe Dr. B will finally be able to sleep now that he is done with us!!! :) SOOOO Happy to see this post...

Anonymous said...

Joy and happy tears... I am so thrilled for you. She takes my breath away, Melissa. Maragaret Belle is beautiful!! Still keeping you three in my prayers...

Laura said...

Oh wow - congratulations!! What a tiny, beautiful gift! You will be an awesome mom, Melissa.

Heidi Wolter said...

She is perfect! I love her name!! Praying for you and your sweet family!

Josh, Heidi, Ruby and VIolet

Anonymous said...

What a precious gift! Congratulations Mom and Dad!

Anonymous said...

I have been following your precious family through Lynn and your blog. I am so happy for you. She is beautiful, just like her mommy. Congrats to you and your family.
Love,
Coneale

Anonymous said...

Margaret Belle is absolutely precious!! Jerry and I are overjoyed for you both. Congratulations!! We continue praying for all 3 of you. Love and joy always, Cindy

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!! What a true blessing! Margaret Belle is beautiful. Brad and I are praying and thinking about you both:) Can't wait to me her!! Love, Margaret Hollis

Unknown said...

Margaret Belle is absolutely adorable!! We are so happy for you all!!! You will be amazing parents! Love to all three of you- Jessica, Johnny and Helen

Tricia said...

So excited for al three of you!! Can't wait to meet her! get some rest and will continue to pray for health and your recovery! She's beautiful!! love you,
T

Jen said...

Hey! We just heard your news! She is beautiful! Congratulations! Let us know if you need anything! -jen and mason