Sunday, January 11, 2009

In the Spotlight



Wade and I are overjoyed with our precious miracle. It has been a roller-coaster of a ride the last 48 hours. Margaret Belle is already a fighter. The neonatologists continue to monitor her breathing. Last night they had to increase her oxygen percentage and continue to give her vapotherm treatments. This morning they decided to put her under the bili-lite to treat her jaundice. She is stable and maintaining a good temperature. Hopefully after 72 hours, we will start to see an improvement in her breathing; the doctors say usually it takes that long with a 32 weeker.

My health is improving. We had a few scares over the last 48 hours---but everything seems to be functioning appropriately now. My blood pressure has been so low that I haven't even had any medication for it since Friday morning. I actually passed out a few times yesterday due to hypotension. I am finally off of the magnesium and allowed to eat solid food today.

Here is a video from today. Please pray for her little lungs!

(PS-We don't know what we are going to call her yet. Margaret, Margaret Belle, Maggie, Maggie Belle, Meg, Megan Belle are all possibilities. Wade and I will let you know when we decide!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe Melissa and Wade......Margaret Belle is beautiful! We are so happy for you both! Love to all the family.....Markita and Mark

Anonymous said...

Our miracle Margaret! She is a doll... and you two look great!! I have kept up with each of you through dear Tricia. That way I knew exactly what to pray for throughout the weekend. Still praying for you, Wade, and Margaret... thanks for giving us all a peek at her!
Love,
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Sweet friends,
I am celebrating the arrival of that miracle girl! Praise God for His protection over her and you. I love reading your blog and keeping up with you. The video with Daddy's hand on her will be one to cherish. She seemed to already know her parents were there with her. You are in my constant prayers.
With love,
Ellen D.

Gracie's Journey said...

Melissa, I'm so happy for the two of you! So many people follow the blog and care for you. Seeing pictures of sweet Margaret make me remember Gracie's time in the NICU. I can tell you firsthand that the Baptist NICU is a magical place full of angels. The nurses there took such good care of Gracie. Those ladies will forever be special to us. Because Gracie was there for a month, we learned so much from them. We went home much better prepared as parents because of their guidance. I bet your hands are cleaner than they have ever been, right? I used to love looking at all of the pictures of the miraculous children in the scrubbing area. Your Margaret is now one of them! Take as many pictures as you can. Gracie loves nothing more than looking at pictures of herself from the NICU. We even looked at some tonight. Congrats, Karre

Anonymous said...

Blessing to your lovely family!
I am so excited and happy for you all. What a doll she is!
Love,
Rene` R.

Anonymous said...

Melissa and Wade...she is here!!!Praise the Lord...and that first posted picture looks like she is singing!!!I love it!! Hope she has her Mommys beautiful voice,too. I have been following your journesy daily and will continue praying and rejoicing with you and your family. Love all the name options....with love,joy,thanks,and relief...Sue L.

Anonymous said...

I have finally found the blog comment section, i hope i can do it right. We have been keeping up with all of you through Daddy Bob. He is not much on details. We are thankful that Mother,Baby & Daddy are all doing better. Margaret Belle is beautiful, but she has to be, just look @ Mom & Dad. We have all been worried & praying for all. I know it is hard not to be able to hold her very much. But she looks like she is going to be fine & maybe she will get to go home before the time stated. She has the head shaped like the Rawlings.Love Aunt Mary & Uncle Don